RingCentral, Inc. (NYSE:RNG), a leading provider of global enterprise cloud communications, collaboration, and contact center solutions, today announced RingCentral Video™ (RCV), a reimagined video meetings experience. Leveraging RingCentral’s open platform, RingCentral Video will be another component offered as part of RingCentral Office®, completing RingCentral’s differentiated Message Video Phone™ (MVP) solution. RingCentral Video addresses the demand in work from anywhere by leveraging next-generation technologies to enable a fast, unified, open, and trusted video meetings experience.
“The world is experiencing the largest work from home demand ever. At RingCentral, we’ve always been focused on addressing the needs of modern, mobile, and distributed workforces by delivering trusted, reliable, global, and easy to buy, manage, and use solutions,” said Vlad Shmunis, RingCentral’s founder, chairman and CEO. “Today, we’re taking the next step in delivering a world-class seamlessly integrated MVP experience to further enhance employee productivity as they work from anywhere.”
RingCentral is redefining and raising the bar for online collaboration and meetings. RingCentral, now with RingCentral Video, is:
- UNIFIED: With Message Video Phone capabilities, including business voice, SMS and fax, tightly integrated, people and teams can collaborate across all modes of communication without losing context.
- FAST: RingCentral Video offers a complete browser-based experience so users do not have to download an application to join, host, or schedule a meeting.
- RingCentral Video is built on a new, state-of-the-art, high-availability infrastructure that leverages years of RingCentral’s experience as a global Unified Communications as a Service (UCaaS) leader for secure and reliable business communications.
- GLOBAL: RingCentral offers full PBX capabilities in over 40 countries, and virtual presence in additional 80+ countries.
- OPEN: Leveraging RingCentral’s open platform, RingCentral Video is tightly integrated with popular business productivity applications such as Google (G Suite and Gmail), HubSpot, Microsoft (Teams and O365), Slack, Theta Lake, and Zoho. RingCentral for Salesforce is available on Salesforce AppExchange. Coming later, RingCentral will add numerous integrations including those with Canvas, Epic, Gong.io, and Zendesk.
- SMART: RingCentral Video includes a robust analytics platform that gives IT system administrators access to Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) such as adoption, usage, and Quality of Service (QoS) metrics. Easy to read dashboards help administrators deliver a seamless communication experience across their companies globally.
RingCentral worked closely with Google on RingCentral Video to ensure the highest quality browser-based video experience. Leveraging and extending Google Chrome’s WebRTC, RingCentral Video enables superior meetings experience using a browser while eliminating the need for additional downloads. Further, RingCentral Video went through rigorous beta testing with key customers and partners including the Detroit Pistons, Goosehead Insurance, Pro Football Hall of Fame, and World Vision, among others.
“RingCentral optimizing Google Chrome’s WebRTC to power RingCentral Video showcases the mutual value our companies have to bring hassle free communications to our customers,” said Gregg Fiddes, Head of Enterprise Ecosystems, Google. “We are excited to collaborate with RingCentral on their needs and see RingCentral choose Chrome as their inaugural launch platform for RingCentral Video, providing the greatest security and speed for their users.”
RingCentral Video will also power the new RingCentral Rooms™ product, which is currently in beta and is expected to be generally available later in Q2, 2020. RingCentral Rooms transforms any room into an easy-to-use video conference space for enhanced employee productivity. RingCentral Rooms’ easy installation, central management, and analytics dashboard also enable IT system administrators to modernize conference spaces quickly and efficiently.
RingCentral Video, seamlessly integrated into RingCentral Office, is generally available to new customers in North America for global use starting April 2, 2020. RingCentral Video is scheduled to be available to new RingCentral Office customers in EMEA later in Q2 and globally to new RingCentral Office customers in Q3. RingCentral Rooms, currently in beta, will be generally available to all customers in North America in Q2, 2020. Additional details about a full-scale release will be announced in the coming months. For more information, please visit https://www.ringcentral.com/video.
Serving our Community
RingCentral is committed to helping people and teams connect anytime, anywhere, and on any device. Working from home is no longer a matter of choice but that of necessity and safety. RingCentral previously announced a free offering of the RingCentral Office solution to healthcare organizations, educators and NGOs. RingCentral is now extending this offer to news organizations and the public sector to accommodate the evolving needs and challenges of these important front-line communities.