Top Business Tech takes a closer look at two of Google’s major updates: Vertex AI, and Smart Canvas.
Vertex AI, the managed ML platform that allows companies to deploy AI strategies, is now generally available. Vertex AI requires 80% fewer lines of code to train a model as opposed to its competitors and has been refined so that it can now:
– Access the AI toolkit used internally to power Google. This includes computer vision, language, conversation and structured data that Google Research continuously enhances.
– AI applications can be deployed at a greater volume, faster.
– Models can now be managed with greater confidence with MLOps tools like Vertex Continuous Monitoring and Vertex Pipelines to streamline the end-to-end ML workflow.
“We had two guiding lights while building Vertex AI: get data scientists and engineers out of the orchestration weeds, and create an industry-wide shift that would make everyone get serious about moving AI out of pilot purgatory and into full-scale production,” said Andrew Moore, vice president and general manager of Cloud AI and Industry Solutions at Google Cloud. “We are very proud of what we came up with in this platform, as it enables serious deployments for a new generation of AI that will empower data scientists and engineers to do fulfilling and creative work.”
Smart Canvas is the latest addition to Google Workspace and seeks to create a hybrid way of working. Smart Canvas has new building blocks, such as: Smart chips in Docs that allows users to pull up a list of recommended files, people and meetings by typing “@”. This will eventually be available in Sheets.
– A task list in Docs that will soon integrate with Google Tasks
– Table templates in Docs will allow the tracking of tasks, as well as the polling of ideas amongst collaborators
– In addition to this, Docs will now have the option to be pageless.
- Scaleup Spotlight: Plum is on a mission to build lifetime wealth for all
- The next generation of sound: Apple Music to rollout Spatial Audio with Dolby Atmos
- Scaleup Spotlight: How Light Science Technologies is revolutionising agriculture
- Scaleup Spotlight: Weglot is smashing language barriers
“For too long, the ways people have worked together have been defined by legacy tools developed last century that simply cannot support the collaboration needs of the future,” said Javier Soltero, VP and GM, Google Workspace. “At Google, we pioneered modern collaboration and see it both as our responsibility and opportunity to steer Google Workspace toward enabling new ways of working. Smart canvas is the next step in delivering on this promise.”
For more news from Top Business Tech, don’t forget to subscribe to our daily bulletin!