Email security and cyber resilience company Mimecast Limited has won the Excellence Award in the Best Regulatory Compliance Solution at the 2021 SC Awards for its enterprise information archiving solution, Mimecast Cloud Archive.
“Legacy data archiving solutions can’t always keep up with modern information governance challenges, such as e-discovery, new records retention requirements and stricter privacy laws,” said Shane Harris, senior director of product management for Mimecast.
“We designed Mimecast Cloud Archive to help organisations overcome the traditional roadblocks to compliance, remain agile amid regulatory changes, and always stay prepared for compliance events and audits. Our modern archiving solution is backed by our customer success program and committed to helping our customers reduce their total cost of ownership. This SC Award win validates our efforts to design a product that helps customers with their archiving needs and also drives their businesses forward,” he added.
More than 17,000 organisations leverage Mimecast Cloud Archive to protect against compliance risks while ensuring audit readiness. The offering is engineered to reduce risk and exposure through immutable archives, robust e-discovery and supervisory features, and compliance-driven chains of custody. Key features of Mimecast Cloud Archive include:
- Comprehensive email compliance, e-discovery and litigation support, including retention, legal hold, case management and data export;
- Self-service control for legal and compliance teams;
- Fast, effective case review with automated culling to help significantly reduce third-party costs;
- Support for financial services firms in helping to meet FINRA, SEC, FCA and other compliance challenges, and for compliance teams in helping to meet privacy requirements for GDPR, CCPA, POPIA, etc.; and
- Support for complementary solutions designed to prevent data loss and corruption, meet data retention needs and comply with industry-specific regulations.
“Events of the last year shined a bright spotlight on security gaps, which in turn provided an opportunity for the vendor community,” said Jill Aitoro, editor in chief of SC Media. “But it also serves as a litmus test, demonstrating which were nimble enough to handle increased demand, which were willing to rethink product roadmaps to serve customers. Winners of our Excellence Awards excelled despite these unprecedented challenges.”
Mimecast Cloud Archive will be featured at Governance, Risk and Compliance Day on June 8, 2021. Attendees of this complimentary, half-day conference will gain actionable guidance on how to reduce the cost, risk and complexity of responding to GRC requests.
- After 25 years, Microsoft will retire Internet Explorer in 2022
- ServiceNow delivers new security integrations with Microsoft
- Microsoft and Darktrace join forces to provide self-learning AI cybersecurity to users
- What can corporates learn from digital transformation in the COVID era?
Now in its 25th year, the SC Awards recognise the people, organisations and products that are forging the industry’s future and advancing the cause of safe and secure commerce and communications. Winners in the Excellence Award category were selected by a panel of IT security experts from both the private and public sectors. During the judging process, each finalist went through a rigorous evaluation that included in-depth analysis, analyst reports and/or product reviews.
For more news from Top Business Tech, don’t forget to subscribe to our daily bulletin!