Following a hugely popular pre-registration campaign, Curve’s crowdfund is now live on the Crowdcube platform.
The highly anticipated crowdfunding round from Curve, the fast-growing financial super app, is now live. The launch of the crowdfunding round follows a viral pre-registration campaign, which allowed those who signed up to receive advance details of how to invest. In the first 24 hours of Curve’s announcement on May 11th of its intention to crowdfund, 21,000 individuals signed up to register their interest to invest in the limited number of shares on offer today.
Shachar Bialick, Founder and CEO of Curve, said: “Today’s the day for those who have followed our crowdfunding campaign closely to be able to invest and join in the next stage of our amazing journey. We’re customer-obsessed, so it should come as no surprise that this campaign has been all about our customers. We wouldn’t be where we are without them, and I can’t wait to welcome a new wave of customers and supporters as shareholders in Curve.”
Curve launched the campaign to allow its growing customer base to share in its future success following the rapid growth it has seen recently. Since its record-breaking crowdfund in September 2019, Curve’s valuation has tripled to £591.7mn Between February 2020 and March 2021 Curve:
- More than doubled its customer base to over 2mn
- Expanded its workforce by over 100
- Saw its gross transaction value grow to £2.6bn
The proceeds of the crowdfunding round and its successful Series C round will be used to fuel the company’s international expansion and product innovation.
*The issuing of securities is subject to local laws and regulations, some of which place additional requirements on issuers. As a result, Curve has decided to restrict its offer of securities in certain EEA countries. Full details are available on Curve’s pitch page on Crowdcube’s website (see link above).
What is Curve?
Curve is an all in one financial super app. Its mission is to be a one-stop shop for all the financial needs of a consumer; a single point of access to a wide range of financial products and services, bundling together all your money into one smart card and an even smarter app. Unlike other services available in the market today, Curve allows customers to connect and supercharge their legacy banks to the 21st century, without leaving their bank or signing up to a new bank. Curve is live in 31 markets across the UK and European Economic Area (EEA).
Curve provides a host of benefits to its customers:
- Combines a customer’s Mastercard and Visa debit and credit cards in one card.
- Enables customers’ cards to fit into Apple Pay, Google Pay, Samsung Pay, FitBit Pay and many more, even if their banks do not support this integration.
- Curve provides 1% cash back on selected retailers for the first 30 days, or for an unlimited time on Curve’s paid subscriptions.
- With Curve’s patented Go-Back-In-Time® feature, Curve customers may be able to swap their spend to a different account, up to 90 days after the purchase was made.
- Increased security and privacy – Curve simplifies customers’ lives by providing them with only one pin to remember; keeping other sensitive card numbers safe by using Curve when spending online; providing real time spending notifications and the ability to lock the Curve card directly from the app.
- Peace of mind – Curve’s premium Metal offering provides mobile phone insurance and travel insurance to ensure customers can focus on living their lives, rather than worrying about losing their phone or bags when they travel.
- Iguazio launches first-ever ‘MLOps for Good’ virtual hackathon
- ServiceNow delivers new security integrations with Microsoft
- Why customer conversations are vital for brand survival in a post-COVID-19 world
- What can corporates learn from digital transformation in the COVID era?
Curve supports Mastercard and Visa networks. The Curve Card and e-money, related to cards issued in the UK, is issued by Curve OS Limited, authorised in the UK by the Financial Conduct Authority to issue electronic money (firm reference number 900926). The Curve Card and e-money, related to cards issued in the EEA, is issued by Curve Europe UAB, authorised in Lithuania by the Bank of Lithuania (electronic money institution license No. 73 issued on 22 of October, 2020).
For more news from Top Business Tech, don’t forget to subscribe to our daily bulletin!