For private sector and public sector organisations, and funding providers to discover & connect with MedTech and AI
Super Connect Bournemouth | MedTech & AI
This is a national tech initiative powered by Empact Ventures in partnership with Hays UK & I to facilitate collaboration and/or funding between tech startups & scale-ups with larger companies (e.g. corporates, brands, SMEs) and funding providers (e.g. investors, grant and loan providers) based on mutual interest.
Since December 2017, there have been 13 successful Super Connect events run in 5 UK cities including Pitch Days and Venture/Learning Labs at some of the leading tech spaces, corporate offices and universities across the country with over 50+ corporates/brands and 100+ funders.
In October 2019, we are expanding our curated Super Connect events to 11 cities across the UK through to June 2020 in partnership with Hays with support from 75+ partners including Barclays, Microsoft, City Fibre, WorldFirst, Future King Ventures, Ying De Group, UnLtd, Seedrs, Angels Den, Syndicate Room and over 70+ others.
On 20th November 2019, our Super Connect Bournemouth for MedTech & AI event will be held in partnership with Hays and hosted with Bournemouth University, sponsored by City Fibre, Dorset LEP and UnLtd.
How it Works @ Super Connect Events
A Super Connect event brings you together with people and organisations to support your business development, innovation sourcing and/or fundraising interests through:
- Tech Talks:
- These will feature tech startup / scale-up founders, sponsors and partners, funders, and corporates as key notes, fire side chats, or discussion panels depending on the event, and its theme (e.g. AI / MedTech for London)
- Tech Pitches:
- The event will feature 10 emerging tech startups and scale-ups (seed to Series A) scouted from around the UK who will be pitching their innovation for the purposes welcoming new business development or funding opportunities
- Some of our events will include an exhibition featuring our sponsors, partners, and a range of tech startups and scale-ups showcasing their innovation (where venue space permits)
- Super Connect Sessions:
- These 3 sessions are facilitated by our team of Super Connectors at 9am, 12pm and 3pm at each event to match you* with relevant people, larger companies and/or funders that meet your registered needs (e.g. innovation interests, outcomes of interest, challenges**)
* Prior to the day, our team will conduct an extensive matching process through our internal super connecting systems to identify the relevant people that you should meet based on those interests. Upon arrival at the event you’ll be informed by email of your 5-10 super connections which you can find throughout the day with the help of our ‘Wall of Faces’ and Super Connectors who can make warm introductions. After the day, these introductions will be made by email from the next-day up to 2 weeks after the event where possible.
** Outcomes of interest include pilots, contracts, joint ventures, partnerships, investment, acquisitionGet tickets