The Role of the Trusted Data Center as the Secure Foundation for Midmarket Success
How Best Practices in Data Center Technologies and Management Lead to Reduced Risk, Increased Uptime, and Business Success
An ESG Research Insights Paper
This relationship between data center security and business success was measured and validated by ESG’s primary research capturing the perspectives of 1,650 strategic IT decision makers.
Key technologies inspected in the research include modern storage and server infrastructure, data security features like encryption, embedded firmware security capabilities, and data protection practices like backup frequency and replication. The remainder of this report details the segmentation criteria ESG used to group organizations into three categories (Leaders, Followers, and Laggards) and it also discusses the specific differences in technology and business performance between categories.
For example, Leaders:
• Experienced 71% fewer security incidents and non-compliance events over the past 12 months than Laggards.
• Experience 42% fewer application outages and shrink their typical outage duration by 81% relative to Laggards.
• Reduce their annual cost of downtime by 89% compared to Laggards.
• Are 2.1x more likely than Laggards to be very successful at launching products to market ahead of competitors.
• Are 80% more likely than Laggards to exceed customer satisfaction goals.
• Expect to grow their revenue at 2x the rate of Laggards over the next few years.
Download this whitepaper to learn more about Dell solutions powered by Intel®.