A Guide for Beta Testing
As an app developer, you might know that beta testing is the second process after alpha testing. This process is essential for vanishing all sorts of bugs and other problems so that your app doesn’t disappoint the actual users. For this reason, only beta testing is run to find out how your app will perform in the hands of absolute fun.
Here in this blog, I would like to introduce you to the actual guidance of beta testing. This kind of testing helps out the developer to know the shortcoming. In this way, you can understand how it will perform before releasing.
What is Beta Testing?
Real users in the real environment perform this kind of testing. It is released to the number of end-users. Like this, the actual condition of the application comes out. There are also several beta testing methods.
- Pre Alpha
- Release Candidate
Ways to monitor ASO
The kind of beta tester I should look for?
The goal you set for the beta testing phase is the main factor that depends on this question. If you get a suitable beta tester, it will affect your testing in the right direction.
It would be best to differentiate between the technical and marketing beta. Technical beta testing aims at finding the bugs and always gives constructive feedback. It is coming on the marketing betas, which are preceding the actual launch of the application, which is intended for influencers.
In case you get random testers and select the correct user for the beta testing. You must leverage both types of testing in the application.
How many testers do you need?
You can have so many testers, but only one of them will provide you with the real condition can by testing. So you must aim for around 100-300 testers to ensure that your app offers the best. It also depends on whether you develop the app yourself or you have a team.
At which platforms you can search for beta testers?
- Twitter: With the help of hashtags, you can find the beta testers
- Reddit: Specific subreddits can be used to find out beta testers.
- To find out the beta testers, it is the most functional website. They also feature two to 10 new startups daily
- Beta Family: This kind of testing is a platform for beta testing like Android & iOS
- TNW Market: You can easily create a listing of the startups
- Killer Startups: this kind of site is a new site which accepts the review submission
- Beta Family: It is a crowd testing platform for the iOS & Android applications
- Early Bird: The main focus here is to get the qualitative feedback for the application
The duration of testing:
The length of the beta testing should be determined early for a few reasons. You might end up with a premature app that risks and hinders achieving the goal. You must have a clear vision of how many phases you intend on having. For two weeks, you must run the beta testing.
You can distribute your app on the following platforms:
- TestFlight: It’s the easiest way to spread the application
- Appaloosa: There is a simple and secure enterprise app store on this platform
- AppBlade: You can manage your devices & deploy the application
- Installrapp: iOS beta distribution with the API
- Crashylitics Beta: There is a streamlined solution for distributing the application
- Google Play Beta Testing: This kind of tool is helpful for Android developers
Pre-launch app marketing
Last but not least, beta testing should be conducted in a well-planned manner. More or less, all you need is to find out the best solution for testing your application to provide the best. Thanks for reading!