For Corporates, Brands, SMEs, NGOs & Funders to discover & connect with AI & MedTech startups & scaleups.
Super Connect Leeds | AI & MedTech
The Super Connect Series 2019/2020
This is a national tech initiative powered by Empact Ventures in partnership with Hays UK & I to facilitate collaboration and/or funding between tech startups & scale-ups with larger companies (e.g. corporates, brands, SMEs) and funding providers (e.g. investors, grant and loan providers) based on mutual interest.
Since December 2017, there have been 13 successful Super Connect events run in 5 UK cities, including Pitch Days and Venture/Learning Labs at some of the leading tech spaces, corporate offices and universities across the country with over 50+ corporates/brands and 100+ funders. From October 2019, we are expanding our curated Super Connect events to 12 cities across the UK through to June 2020 in partnership with Hays and with support from 75+ partners including Barclays, Microsoft, City Fibre, WorldFirst, Future King Ventures, Ying De Group, UnLtd, Seedrs.
Super Connect Leeds (AI, MedTech)
On the 29th January 2020, we welcome you to join us for our Super Connect Leeds for AI and MedTech event in partnership Hays sponsored by the National Institute for Health Research (NIHR), City Fibre, and Future Kings, supported by Ying De Group along with Seedrs, BizBritain, Angels Den, UGenie, Synap and Linkilaw.
We will be hosting a key note speaker, fireside chat and discussion panel in the areas of AI and MedTech . The day will also feature up to 10 tech pitches from tech startups and scale-ups in the areas of AI and MedTech from Leeds, across the UK and Europe. Throughout the day, we will be joined by a number of decision-makers at corporates and brands, SMEs , healthcare providers and funding providers amongst others.
- Kosta Mavroulakis (Founder & CEO, Empact Ventures, & Co-Founder of the Super Connect Series
- Zjak Grobbelaar (Business Director, Hays)
- Will Burnett (City Marketing Manager, City Fibre)
- Host: Kosta Mavroulakis (Founder & CEO, Empact Ventures & Co-Founder of the Super Connect Series)
- Guest: Harry Thirkettle (Chief Medical Advisor, my MHealth & Former Scientific Editor of the European Medical Journal) to be hosted by
Discussion Panel to be chaired by Stuart Clarke (Festival Director, Leeds Digital Festival)
- Confirmed: Vee Mapunde (Programme Director, National Institute for Health Research MedTech Cooperative)
- Confirmed: James Gupta (Founder & CEO, Synap)
- 2 More Panelists To Be Announced
How it Works @ Super Connect Events
A Super Connect event brings you together with people and organisations to support your business development, innovation sourcing and/or fundraising interests through:
- Tech Talks: These will feature tech startup / scale-up founders, sponsors and partners, healthcare organisations, funders and corporates as key notes, fire side chats, or discussion panels depending on the event and its theme (e.g. AI / MedTech for Leeds)
- Tech Pitches: The event will feature 10 emerging tech startups and scale-ups (Seed to Series A) scouted from around the UK who will be pitching their innovation for the purposes of welcoming new business development or funding opportunities
- Exhibition: Some of our events will include an exhibition featuring our sponsors, partners, and a range of tech startups and scale-ups showcasing their innovation (where venue space permits)
- Super Connect Sessions: These 3 sessions are facilitated by our team of Super Connectors at 9am, 12pm and 3pm at each event to match you* with relevant people, larger companies and/or funders that meet your registered needs (e.g. innovation interests, outcomes of interest, challenges**)
* Prior to the day, our team will conduct an extensive matching process through our internal super connecting systems to identify the relevant people that you should meet based on those interests. Upon arrival at the event you’ll be informed by email of your 5-10 super connections which you can find throughout the day with the help of our ‘Wall of Faces’ and Super Connectors who can make warm introductions. After the day, these introductions will be made by email from the next-day up to 2 weeks after the event where possible.
** Outcomes of interest include pilots, contracts, joint ventures, partnerships, investment, acquisition
Important to Note for Attendees
- Registration is Essential: To ensure that you are able to attend you MUST register on this Eventbrite page to be allowed to attend and registration will NOT be possible on the day. It is not a networking event that you just show-up to, it is a curated and facilitated event focused on creating aggregate impact for all involved
- Registration Information Required: We will match you with other attendees based solely on your registration and therefore the quality of the super connections proposed will depend entirely on the quality of your answers to our questions
- FAO Tech Startups & Scale-ups: If you fit into this category, please DO NOT register for the SME ticket, fill in the associated ticket, and failure to do so will not guarantee your entry to the event. Tickets for startups and scale-ups are made available on a first-come first-serve basis from our limited allocation.
For a list of event dates and further information, please visit www.superconnectseries.comGet tickets